Banana bread is my favorite treat on this planet. It can be eaten for breakfast or a mid-day snack. It’s super easy to make and usually, you have the ingredients in your pantry at all times. Today, I decided to make my Mom’s super moist + delicious Banana Bread recipe. It was amazing and guilt-free because I include Stevia which is a natural sweetener, Omega 3 fatty acids, and egg whites. Every little bit helps.
The bananas I used today were really ripe. This made it easy to mush + mix with all the other ingredients. Never think your bananas are too old to use in a recipe – unless, they have mold or something gross growing on them. What I find is that the more ripe the better the taste! You can shop the white mixing bowls here.
I use a baking spray every time I bake in a cake or loaf pan. This keeps the contents from sticking to the pan walls. It makes it easy to transfer to a pretty dish for guests or family or just for blog photos. This product you can find at your local grocery store for a few bucks. This one is my favorite here!
In my mom’s recipe she adds pecans, chocolate chips (you can use white chocolate chips too), and chia seeds. These ingredients give extra flavor + crunch + chia seeds are a good form of Omega 3 fatty acids. Shop the ingredients I used today: chopped pecans, chocolate chips, chia seeds.
I grew up watching my mom use a loaf pan for Banana bread so naturally, I use one too. You can find these literally anywhere you would buy baking essentials, Target, Walmart, JoAnne Fabrics, Michaels Crafts, places like that. This is the one I use here.
Shop cute baking spatulas here. They also make great gifts!
Mom’s Banana Bread Recipe:
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup pecans or your choice of nuts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg, butter, and pecans, chocolate chips, cinnamon, and chia seeds together in a bowl. Mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda together in a separate bowl; stir into banana mixture until batter is just mixed. Stir salt into batter. Spray loaf pan and pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Eat while fresh out of the oven!
Here is a similar serving plate under $20 here.
I hope you enjoy this post! If you make this recipe please tag me in any of your posts @ninamarieblogs if you’re on Instagram! Thanks so much for being here and supporting what I love to do, blogging + sharing my life with you.
*Affiliate links are included in this post which means I receive a small commission for your purchases made on this blog post. Thanks again for your continued support.