The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is finally here! I look forward to this sale each year, especially, because they bring out all of their pieces for the fall season. Eeeek exciting! Fall happens to be my favorite time of the year, and this sale helps set the tone for all of the upcoming holidays. This is the time you can take advantage and knock off some of those gifts on your list. This sale includes everything from women’s clothing to home accessories. They also feature some really amazing beauty bundles of which most come with a gift with purchase. Nordstrom makes it too easy to shop their sale. When you go onto the Nordstrom.com they have a highlighted tab that you click on that takes you right to all the sale items. Once you are in the sale you can then shop by category until you shop till you drop basically.
Each year I set up a budget for myself, this is something I save up months in advance. I also make a list of what I want to focus on based on what I already have in my closet. There might be things I need to replenish or replace. This year I noticed I needed quite a few basics. A lot of my tees was discolored and worn out looking. That is why I went with a “basics for fall” shopping trip. Most of you may think this is boring but in all honesty, it is what I really needed. Sometimes a good sale is a perfect time to stock up on these items. In my case, I was taking full advantage of that!
*number below corresponds with the item in the picture above
- This is sweater is from Topshop’s supersoft collection. I thought this would be perfect with leggings because it covers your bum and some knee-high boots. The sale price was hard to pass up.
- Camisoles are something I wear year round. I always stock up on these items because they offer a great foundation for any outfit. I love the versatility of dressing it up or down.
- A lightweight sweater in ivory or beige color is my go-to for the fall. I especially took a liking to this one because I am a fan of the front tuck; the material allows it without it looking bulky.
- Basic tees in black, white, and gray are a must have for any season. You can easily create a casual look by throwing on a cardigan and some sandals or you can create a chic look by adding a moto leather jacket and some booties. These tees, in particular, can also play as a top for any pajama bottom for easy comfort.
- Cardigans are a no brainer for my closet. I literally take one where ever I go. You never know when you are going to walk into a place and its freezing, for example, a movie theater. I also think that a cardigan when styled correctly can take an outfit up a few notches. For instance, I usually style a cardi with a plain white tee, distressed jeans and a pair of booties. At this point, I have an option to go big with accessories or not.
- In my opinion, it is essential to have at least one skirt option in your wardrobe for each season. In the fall, I really loved the look of cognac. Isn’t so pretty? This skirt offers plenty of stretch for comfort and movement. I can see this skirt paired with #3 and either knee-high boots or sneakers.
- Last year OTK (over the knee) boots were in the limelight. Although I did see lots of OTK boot options in the sale this year I don’t think they’ll be as hyped up in 2019. Sam Edelman shoe design is very special. You can depend on comfort, quality, and affordability. That is why I opted for two pair of KHB (knee-high boots) this time around; black leather + praline. The sale offered these boots at almost 50% off so it was hard not to. Mind you I will use these boots all throughout the year and they will be the only boots I pack for trips up north.
Jumping ahead to #13, the unique boot or bootie. I always feel that it is necessary to add a unique item just to add texture or detail into your wardrobe. These booties are that for me, they are so perfect. They also come in two other colors but black goes with absolutely everything.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post – if you have any questions about anything in regards to the #nsale please don’t hesitate to ask. You can find daily lifestyle inspiration on my Instagram account @ninamarieblogs – please follow me there too.
SHOP MY POST
*There are affiliate links in the post.